Ethiopia e-visa requirements for Canadian citizens
All tourists to Ethiopia must obtain a visa in order to enter the country. The e-Visa is a type of electronic travel permission that allows people to enter a nation for a set amount of time.
The Ethiopian e-Visa is available to Canadian nationals. This article contains all of the information and requirements for obtaining an Ethiopian e-visa for Canadian citizens.
1. Types of Ethiopian e-Visa for Canadian citizens
The necessity to physically visit a consulate or embassy is eliminated with electronic visas. Using the automated procedure, it is quick and simple for Canadian people to obtain an Ethiopian tourist visa. An Ethiopia e-Visa can be simply applied for and received using a smartphone, tablet, or computer. There are two types of Ethiopia e-Visas available to Canadian citizens.
- Tourist Visa - Single Entry for 30 days
- Tourist Visa - Single Entry for 90 days
Canadian nationals who travel with a single-entry visa cannot reuse the visa once they have left Ethiopia, regardless of the number of days used. Multiple entry visas must be granted by an Ethiopian Embassy in Canada prior to departure. While in Canada, you can apply for a new Ethiopian e-Visa online.
2. Ethiopia e-visa requirements for Canadian citizens
The following are the Ethiopian e-Visa requirements for Canadian nationals.
- A passport is valid for at least 06 months from the day you intend to enter the country, with a minimum of one blank page for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- A recent color digital passport photo.
- A scanned copy of the biographical page of your passport.
*Note: Canadian residents must additionally present a valid Canadian residence permit.
- Ethiopia visa UK citizens
- Ethiopia visa for Indians
- Ethiopia e visa for Pakistani nationals
- Ethiopia visa for US citizens
3. Apply for an Ethiopia e-Visa from Canada
In the Ethiopian e-visa application for Canadian citizens, you must answer questions about your personal information, passport information, and date of arrival/departure. It simply takes a few minutes to complete and is easy to understand.
The following information is required:
- Personal information such as complete name, date of birth, and nationality.
- Passport number
It's critical to double-check all of the information on the Ethiopia e-Visa application form, as any mistakes or errors can result in the delay or rejection of your electronic tourist visa to Ethiopia.
Once you receive your e-Visa via email, remember to print out your e-Visa to present at border control when you arrive.
Applicants with dual citizenship must-visit Ethiopia using the same passport they used to complete the electronic visa application form.
Ethiopia e-Visa processing time from Canada
Ethiopian officials will evaluate your application, documentation, and fee payment after you have provided all of the essential paperwork and information. The typical approval time is a few business days. You can track the status of your visa application online.
It is best to apply at least 03 days before your trip to allow enough time for processing and/or necessary modifications. The Ethiopia e-Visa processing time may take longer at times due to application issues or errors.
When applying for an Ethiopian online visa from Canada, all notices regarding your Ethiopia visa application form are delivered via email.
*Note: e-Visa application fees are non-refundable if the visa is rejected or not used!
4. Ethiopia e-Visa fees for Canadian citizens
Ethiopian e-Visa fees are divided into two categories: mandatory government fees and variable service fees.
The Government fee is mandatory for Canadian citizens because Canada is not on Ethiopia's exemption list for e-Visa.
You have the option of selecting the sort of service that is best suited to your needs. As a result, we would like to provide you with three e-Visa options:
- Normal: This is a common service that ensures you receive your e-Visa within 03 working days.
- Urgent: a higher degree of service that ensures you'll receive your e-Visa within 02 days.
- Super urgent: the most excellent quality of service, ensuring that you have your e-Visa for about 24 working hours.
Payment options allowed include electronic transactions and wire transfers (Bank of Cyprus transactions). You can pay with a credit card, a debit card, and American Express Card, or PayPal.
Before traveling to Ethiopia, you should also get Covid-19 Insurance, which will protect you against a variety of hazards, including the Covid pandemic, while you are not in your own country. Because this is optional, you should consider it based on your specific personal circumstances.
Ethiopia Visa Requirements for Canada Citizens FAQs
If you are confused about whether you need a visa to enter Ethiopia, then the answer is Yes. Ethiopia is a beautiful country blessed with a rich history along with amazing wildlife and greenery. This place is becoming more and more popular among people around the world. Ethiopia is always in the top list of attractive destinations for Canadians. So if Canadian travelers want to travel to Ethiopia, they must have a valid visa to enter this country.
Luckily, since June 2018, the Ethiopian government has launched the e-visa online system for all travelers around the world including Canadians. Now all Canadians will be able to enter Ethiopia by having an e-visa. Canada travelers no longer need to wait in a long queue to have an in-person interview with embassies. This is even harder when there is no embassy or consulate in where you live, fortunately, Canada has one.
The process to obtain an Ethiopian e-visa is now easier than ever thanks to the online application system at Ethiopian Immigration Services. Just one electronic device with an internet connection, Canadian citizens can apply for an Ethiopian e-visa within 15 minutes without going anywhere. Once applied successfully, the e-visa result will be sent to all Canada visitors via email box.
The number of dates that Canada citizens can stay in Ethiopia depends on which type of visa you choose. The Ethiopian government has approved e-visa for tourist purposes only for eligible nationalities at Ethiopian Immigration Services website. Canadian citizens can engage in some leisure activities such as visiting friends or relatives who are living in Ethiopia, or they can explore the majestic beauty of this country with tourist e-visa.
In general, there is no extension for the lengths of stay in Ethiopia. Moreover, Ethiopian e-visa allows Canada travelers one single entry only for the 2 main type of tourist e-visa:
- Tourist e-visa 30 days: This type of visa is valid for 30 days from the date of issue and gives permission to Canadian citizens for a maximum stay of 30 days from the date of arrival.
- Tourist e-visa 90 days: In case Canadian travelers want to spend more time in this beautiful country, this type of visa is perfect for them. This tourist e-visa has 90 days validity after being issued and allows Canadian travelers to stay in Ethiopia up to 90 days from the arrival date.
If you want to visit Ethiopia right now but haven’t had an e-visa? Please apply for an Ethiopian e-visa at Ethiopia Immigration Services. We have the professionals to support Canada travelers if you have any questions.
After you apply for an Ethiopia e-visa, the process will take from 1 to 3 working days for having an e-visa. So the best time to apply at least 4 working days before the date you intended to visit Ethiopia. In some emergency situations, if Canada travelers want to get an e-visa sooner, you can apply for a Rush Visa service.
In addition, Canadians’ applications may be rejected due to the incorrect information and typo. Please make sure to double check all the information that you provide to us because it will be written on your e-visa.
There are 3 processing time frame that Ethiopia Immigration Services provide for Canada nationals:
- Normal: For Canadians who want to obtain an Ethiopian e-visa within 3 working days. This option gives you time to prepare necessary documents when applying for an e-visa.
- Urgent : For those who want to get an e-visa within 2 working days. This option has a higher price than the Normal one but the time is eliminated to 2 days only.
- Super Urgent: For those who want to be granted an e-visa within 1 working day. This option is quite costly but it is very helpful when Canadians are in emergency situations.
If you have minors and you want to travel with them but are confused about whether your child needs an e-visa or not? Then the answer is YES. From 2018 to now, Canada became one of the eligible countries to apply for an Ethiopia e-visa. So every Canadian citizen must have a valid visa to enter Ethiopia including children. If they do not have a valid visa, they will be barred from entering Ethiopia.
In order to be granted an e-visa, Canadian parents must on behalf of their minors to complete the application online form at Ethiopian Immigratio Services website. Parents are required to fill their child’s full name, date of birth, passport number and nationalities. In addition, Canadian parents remember that children must pay the same fee as adults for having an e-visa.
Before applying for an Ethiopia e-visa, Canadian parents must check the validity of their child passport. Make sure the passport is valid at least 6 months from the date of issuance and have more than 2 blank pages for stamping at the border control of the airport. All the required documents of e-visa for minors are the same as for adults. So, Canadian parents must provide the children’s digital photograph in color.
If you plan to travel to Ethiopia but haven’t had any e-visa yet? Please access the Ethiopian Immigration Services website to register for being granted an e-visa. Nowadays, Canadians can apply for an Ethiopia visa online instead of waiting for scheduling an in-person interview with embassies. No matter where they are, with an internet connection, Canada nationals can obtain an e-visa in just under 15 minutes with a computer, tablet or even a smartphone.
The process of having an e-visa will take about 1 to 3 working days so please apply for an Ethiopia e-visa at least 4 working days in advance. The visa result will be sent to your email box. After that, Canada travelers can print the electronic visa in order to be stamped at the airport.
To apply for an Ethiopian e-visa, Canada citizens can adhere 3 simple steps provided by Ethiopian Immigration Services:
- Step 1: Fill out the application online form including passport and personal information
- Step 2: Choose payment method and pay for the e-visa processing fee
- Step 3: Get confirmation and e-visa through your email box. Remember to print it out before going to the airport or else you will be rejected to enter Ethiopia.
Since 2018, the Ethiopian government has approved the e-visa online system for eligible nationalities to visit this beautiful country including Canadians. With this type of visa, Canadian travelers can enter Ethiopia easily with the purpose of tourism. If any Canadian citizen asks for a visa with other purposes such as medical, employment or study, they should consider going to the nearest Ethiopia embassy to obtain a valid visa.
Ethiopian e-visa is the fastest and the most perfect way for Canadian citizens to explore the amazing country. After completing the form, it will take Canadians approximately 1 to 3 business days to process the visa. The process may be faster if Canadian citizens apply for a Rush visa service. The price may be higher but very helpful if you are in an emergency situation.
There are 3 processing time frame for Canada travelers to choose depending on their circumstances offered by Ethiopian Immigration Services:
- Normal: For Canadian travelers who need time to prepare all the necessary documents to meet the visa requirements. It takes 3 working days to get an e-visa.
- Urgent: This option has a higher price than the Normal one. It will take 2 business days to process.
- Super Urgent: For those who are in emergency cases, this option has the highest price than the 2 previous options but it only takes 1 working day to obtain an e-visa.
HOW CAN WE HELP?
NEED HELP 24/7
How it works ?
APPLY WITH CONFIDENCE