- 1. Check Ethiopia visa requirements for Nigerian citizens
- 2. How to apply for an Ethiopia visa from Nigeria?
- 3. Ethiopia visa fee and processing time
Ethiopia visa for Nigerian citizens in February 2024
With magnificent mountains, rivers, stunning waterfalls, beautiful valleys, and much more, Ethiopia is a poet's heaven for international travelers. Ethiopia, a country of natural contrasts, offers visitors a diverse cultural experience.
Allow Ethiopia Immigration Services to look into what Ethiopia visa requirements for Nigerian citizens and how to apply.
1. Check Ethiopia visa requirements for Nigerian citizens
Nigerian citizens who wish to visit Ethiopia must obtain a visa before entering the country. Nigerian nationals are no longer required to apply in person at an Ethiopian embassy or consulate. Nigerian residents can apply for and receive a visa while still in their home country.
What is an Ethiopian visa online?
Ethiopian online visas were established to make the visa application process easier. Citizens of all eligible nations can simply fill out the online application form by answering a few basic questions.
Visa applications are usually processed within 24 to 72 hours, but in exceptional circumstances, it may take longer. The visa is emailed to the applicant once it has been approved.
At Addis Ababa Bole International Airport, travelers can present Ethiopian border officials with their visas and passports. Ethiopia's electronic visa is a single-entry visa with a 30-day or 90-day validity period. It is valid for 30 days or 90 days from the arrival date provided on the application form.
Ethiopian visa for Nigerian citizens
2. How to apply for an Ethiopia visa from Nigeria?
Ethiopia e-Visa is the most organized way to get a tourist visa nowadays, and Nigerian travelers may apply online at our website.
Flow number four of the Ethiopia visa application process is as follows:
- Step 1: Visit the "Apply visa" page and fill out the safe online application. In this step, you need to choose the type of visa and processing time. Then provide personal information including full name, date of birth, nationality, passport number, and date of arrival/departure.
- Step 2: Double-check all the information provided in the previous step. Pay for the Ethiopia e-visa fee online using an electronic payment method or wire transfer (Bank of Cyprus transactions).
- Step 3: Submit an email request for your eVisa and provide additional information.
- Step 4: Download your e-visa and print it out before departing. Have your visa stamped in your passport when you arrive.
Documents required to obtain the Ethiopian visa for Nigerian citizens
- A Nigerian passport must be valid for at least 06 months from the arrival date in Ethiopia.
- At least one blank page in the passport should be available for the Immigration Officer to stamp.
- A recent color photograph of the applicant.
- Do Ugandans need a visa to go to Ethiopia?
- Ethiopia visa for UAE residents
- Ethiopia visa for Indians
- Ethiopia e visa for Pakistani nationals
- Ethiopia visa for US citizens
How much are Ethiopian visa fees for Nigerians?
3. Ethiopia visa fee and processing time
Ethiopia Visa fee for Nigerian citizens
You will have to pay two visa fees when applying for an Ethiopian visa online: the Ethiopia service fee and the Ethiopia Government fee.
- Ethiopian Government Fee: This is the fee you must pay to the Ethiopian Immigration Department in order for your visa to be issued. This is the mandatory charge for anyone who wants to apply for an e-visa.
- Ethiopian Service Fee: The service charge is determined by the number of people covered by your application and how quickly you require a visa.
There are 03 different sorts of services available for use:
- Normal: For Nigerian nationals who need an e-visa in 03 business days.
- Urgent: For Nigerian applicants who need an e-visa within 02 working days.
- Super Urgent: Those who require an e-visa in 24 hours.
We also recommend that you purchase Ethiopia Travel Insurance. When you are not in your home country, you will be protected against a variety of risks, including the COVID-19 pandemic, for a fee of US$ 299 for each application. We also want to stress that this is an optional step that you can take depending on your situation.
Ethiopian visa processing time from Nigeria
In most cases, an Ethiopian visa for Nigerians is accepted in 01 to 03 business days. Once applicants have submitted all required documents and information, Ethiopian authorities will review the application, documentation, and fee payment. Applicants can track the status of their application through the user-friendly online visa portal.
The operation may take longer than usual due to application errors or other reasons. As a result, you should allow at least 03 days for the visa to be processed and apply well ahead of time for your trip.
When applying from their home country, Nigerian nationals will get all visa interactions and notifications by email. This is also how the visa confirmation will be provided, as well as an electronic copy of the visa to the applicant's email address.
Hope that the preceding information has clarified the Ethiopia visa requirements for Nigerian citizens. Should you need any further assistance, please contact our support team for immediate assistance.