- 1. Does Myanmar need a visa to visit Ethiopia?
- 2. How to apply for the Ethiopian e-visa from Myanmar?
- 3. Ethiopia visa fee and Processing times
- 4. Some of Ethiopia visa for Myanmar citizens FAQs
Ethiopia visa for Myanmar citizens in March 2024
Visiting Ethiopia is incomplete without experiencing Lalibela. This site houses awe-inspiring rock-hewn Christian churches, dating back to the 12th and 13th centuries. Lalibela's spiritual aura and religious significance make it a must-visit destination.
Ethiopia Immigration Services stands ready to aid Myanmar citizens planning their trip to Ethiopia by outlining entry requirements! Join us in this article covering Ethiopia visas for Myanmar citizens, providing a step-by-step guide to applying online and other valuable information!
1. Does Myanmar need a visa to visit Ethiopia?
To enter Ethiopia, Myanmar will need a visa. However, obtaining an Ethiopian visa in Myanmar is relatively simple. Before traveling to Ethiopia, prospective visitors should thoroughly understand the country's visa requirements.
When traveling with children, parents must adhere to a few guidelines and make special accommodations for their children. To begin with, Ethiopian authorities classify children under the age of 14 as juveniles. In addition, the children named will be included on their parents' visas.
If a minor is eligible for and has a passport from their home country, they are not required or qualified to be on their parent's visa. If a minor visits Ethiopia unaccompanied, a consent letter from a parent or guardian is required.
Ethiopian eVisa for Myanmar visitors
What is the Ethiopian eVisa for Myanmar visitors?
The Ethiopian government introduced the Ethiopian eVisa in 2017. It makes obtaining a visa for foreign visitors to the country easier.
The Ethiopia eVisa for Myanmar citizens is a tourist visa that is only available online. Myanmar passport holders can apply for the easy digital platform under Ethiopia's visa policy. Traveling to a diplomatic station to handle paperwork is no longer necessary.
The eVisa allows Myanmar tourists to enter Ethiopia for tourism and pleasure. Depending on the length of their stay, they have two options:
- 30-day Tourist visa: Myanmar residents can stay in Ethiopia for up to a month and enter for 30 days.
- 90-day tourist visa: Tourists from Myanmar can stay in Ethiopia for three months and enter for 90 days.
Myanmar residents can enter the country only once with an eVisa.
Requirements for Myanmar to request the Ethiopian eVisa
Ethiopia, like most other countries, requires a visa for Myanmar residents. The basic requirements for applying for an Ethiopian visa online are as follows:
- Before traveling to Ethiopia, make sure you have a Myanmar passport that is valid for at least 6 months. You should renew your Myanmar passport if it is about to expire in less than six months.
- Make a copy of the biographical page of their passport.
- Please include a passport-sized photo.
- Please include an email address that you use frequently.
- Use a credit card to pay the e-visa fee.
The Ethiopia eVisa for Myanmar nationals is sent to the email address provided in the form once it has been accepted. As a result, having an email address that you check regularly is preferable. All application-related correspondence is also sent here.
An eVisa is obtained online via a secure channel. Most credit and debit cards are accepted worldwide.
Ethiopian visa requirements for Myanmar visitors
2. How to apply for the Ethiopian e-visa from Myanmar?
It is simple to apply for an Ethiopian eVisa for Burmese citizens. Complete a brief online application form with the necessary information. Visitors to Myanmar will be asked for the following information:
- Information about you (name, date of birth, etc.)
- Passport information
- The arrival date
- Desired length of stay (30 or 90 days)
Before submitting the form, Myanmar applicants should double-check their responses. Errors are frequently the cause of application rejections.
Myanmar residents must pay a small processing fee to complete the visa application. The use of a bank card expedites the application process. All payments are kept safe on secure servers.
Guide to applying for a visa from Myanmar
Follow these four steps to apply for an Ethiopia visa online right now:
- Step 1: Complete the safe online application form.
- Step 2: Obtain confirmation as well as the necessary documentation.
- Step 3: Send an email requesting your e-visa.
- Step 4: When you arrive, have your visa stamped in your passport.
3. Ethiopia visa fee and Processing times
There are two types of visa fees in Ethiopia: government fees and private fees. The service charge is the fee paid to the government by the person applying for an Ethiopia visa online.
Myanmar applicants can now choose between three different fees based on the urgency of their visa application.
- Standard: For citizens who need an e-visa in three business days or less.
- Urgent: Choose this option if you need an e-visa in less than two days.
- Supper urgent: Select this option if you need an eVisa within 24 hours.
In addition, we strongly advise you to purchase Ethiopian travel insurance. You will be protected against a variety of hazards, including the Covid pandemic. We should also point out that this is an optional feature that you may want to consider depending on your specific circumstances.
Ethiopia visa fee and Processing times
4. Some of Ethiopia visa for Myanmar citizens FAQs
Here are some frequently asked questions about Ethiopia's visit visa. Let discovery.
Can I work inside Ethiopia after entering the country to use the Tourist visa?
No, tourist visas are only issued to foreigners for tourism, and you cannot work in the country while you have these travel documents. If the authorities discover you are breaking the rules, you will face serious legal consequences.
Where do I get a visa for Ethiopia?
If you are traveling by air and your point of entry is the Addis Ababa airport in Ethiopia, you can apply for an e-visa. You may even be granted a visa on arrival in some cases. If you do not fit into one of the categories listed above, you must apply directly to the Ethiopian Embassy in Myanmar.
How long is an Ethiopian tourist visa valid?
Ethiopia issues single-entry tourist visas to foreign nationalities. These visas are valid for one month or three months.
How many days it will take to get my Ethiopian tourist e-visa?
After receiving your application, Ethiopia usually issues a tourist e-visa within one to three days. The processing time for an Ethiopia visa at Ethiopia Immigration Services could be as little as 24 hours, depending on the option you choose.
How to check my visa status?
It is simple to check the status of your application. This is done by selecting "Check status" and entering both your passport number and the reference number.
Thank you for spending time reading this article. Hope this information clears up any confusion about Ethiopia visa requirements for Myanmar citizens. If you require Ethiopia visa assistance or have any questions, please contact us. Our experienced professionals will help you become more clear and concise.