Ethiopia visa for Angolan citizens in November 2023
For Angolan citizens eager to embark on an adventure to Ethiopia, understanding Ethiopia's visa requirements is a crucial first step. In this article, we will delve into the essential details you need to know before you set out on your Ethiopian journey, details of Ethiopia visa requirements for Angolan citizens, documents required, processing, and the cost.
1. Do I need an Ethiopian e-Visa for Angolan citizens?
Travelers from Angola must get an Ethiopian visa regardless of the length or purpose of their travel. Fortunately, Angolan travelers now can use an Ethiopian e-Visa to enter the country for tourism, and visiting relatives purposes. This type of visa allows them to stay in the country for a short period.
Angolan citizens can obtain a tourist visa to Ethiopia
Angolan tourists who are traveling for tourism, pleasure, or to visit family and friends are eligible to apply for an Ethiopian e-tourist visa.
This type of visa is valid for a single entrance and a maximum stay of 30 or 90 days. According to that, Angolan citizens are allowed to enter and remain in the country within the validity period of the e-visa. The validity of an Ethiopia e-Visa begins from the intended date of arrival in Ethiopia that is provided on the application form.
* Note: Overstaying an Ethiopian visa is illegal and can result in fines and the inability to obtain another Ethiopian visa in the future.
Ethiopia e-Visa requirements for Angolan citizens
Before beginning the application procedure, Angolans must ensure that they meet the following entry requirements of Ethiopia e-Visa for Angolan citizens:
- Have a stable internet connection and a device to apply from (a smartphone, tablet, or PC).
- Have an Angolan passport that is valid for at least six months from the date of entry into Ethiopia.
- The passport must have a minimum of one blank page for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- A color photograph of the applicant.
- You must be able to pay the Ethiopia e-Visa processing fee using a valid debit or credit card.
- Have a private email address for correspondence with the e-Visa and receive the visa.
Angolan citizens, who have Ethiopia tourist e-Visa must enter Ethiopia through Addis Ababa Bole International Airport. They are not permitted to enter the country through any other borders.
Angolan nationals are required to show a printed copy of their Ethiopia e-Visa together with their passport upon arrival in Ethiopia.
It is vital to remember that when Angolans arrive in Ethiopia, their Ethiopian online visa must be validated by border authorities. Only border immigration officers have the authority to authorize entrance.
2. Apply for an Ethiopian e-Visa from Angola
The online Ethiopia visa application for Angola is a simple process that takes only a few minutes to finish. There is no requirement for Angolan candidates to apply at an Ethiopian embassy or consulate.
Angolan applicants must complete the application form with the visa information (number of visas, the processing time, visa type), relevant personal information (name, date of birth, gender, nationality), and passport number.
Finally, Angolans must pay the e-visa processing charge through a secure online portal.
Angolans must ensure that all of the information provided on the form is correct and corresponds to the information on the applicant's passport. Otherwise, depending on the magnitude of the errors, the visa application may be delayed or even denied.
Ethiopian electronic travel authorizations for Angola are typically processed within 01 to 03 business days of the request form being submitted. Angolan applicants can usually expect to receive e-visa approval by email within 24 hours.
Angolan visitors should, however, apply at least three days before their travel to account for potential delays.
3. Ethiopia e-Visa fee for Angolan citizens
After inputting your personal information, you must pay a small price for Visa payment, which includes two types of Ethiopia e-Visa fees: mandatory Government fees and flexible service fees.
Because Angola is not on the exemption list of Ethiopia eVisa, you will have to pay the government charge for admission into Ethiopia as an Angolan citizen.
Regarding the Service fee, Angola applicants will pay depending on the processing time chosen. There are three sorts of service fees to choose from:
- Normal: This type of visa is typically used for casual cases. It will take 03 business days for your e-visa to arrive.
- Urgent: If you're in a hurry, select this type. Once you complete all the steps in the application form, you will receive your results within 02 working days.
- Super Urgent: Use this service if you need your visa within a few hours. It only takes 24 hours for your e-visa to reach your email.
There are two payment options: electronic payment (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and PayPal) and wire transfer.
We also recommend that you get Ethiopia Travel Insurance in advance of your trip to Ethiopia. When you leave your home country, you are protected from a variety of threats, including the Covid pandemic.