Ethiopia visa requirements for Bolivian citizens
In this article, you will learn more about the current requirements for the Ethiopian visa for Bolivian citizens. This material is meant for tourists with a Bolivian passport.
Bolivian tourists to Ethiopia can apply for an Ethiopian e-Visa (electronic visa) online instead of waiting in long lines at Addis Ababa Bole International Airport for a visa.
1. Types of Ethiopia e-Visa for Bolivian citizens
Ethiopia e-Visas are electronic travel permits that allow travelers to enter Ethiopia for a set period of time, eliminating the need to visit an Ethiopian consulate or embassy or even wait in line at the border. You can apply for an Ethiopian e-Visa while still in your country, making it even more convenient than ever before.
Bolivian citizens can apply for two types of e-Tourist Visas:
- Tourist Visa 30 days - Allow Single Entry for 30 days from the arrival date.
- Tourist Visa 90 days - Allow Single Entry for 90 days.
The 30-day or 90-day single-entry visa expires once you depart Ethiopia, regardless of how many days of the period you used. This visa is valid from the specified entry date in the application and cannot be extended. Travelers who wish to re-enter Ethiopia should apply for another Ethiopia e-Visa. If you overstay, you must pay the overstay fee in full before leaving Ethiopia and may be imprisoned.
In order to obtain a multiple-entry visa, you must go through the conventional method by setting up an appointment and going directly to the Ethiopian Embassy in Bolivia.
Below are the Ethiopian visa requirements for Bolivian citizens.
Ethiopia visa requirements for Bolivian citizens
A Bolivian citizen can apply for an Ethiopian e-Visa once they meet all visa requirements. The following documents are required for an Ethiopian tourist visa:
- Valid passport for at least six months from the date you intend to enter the country. The passport must remain valid for at least 06 months from the arrival date in Ethiopia.
- There should be at least 1 blank page in the passport for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- Passport-size digital color photo taken recently.
- An email address.
- Credit Card or Debit Card for visa fee payment.
2. Ethiopian e-Visa application for Bolivian citizens
Because the online form is so straightforward, Bolivians can apply for Ethiopian visas in just a few minutes at Ethiopia Immigration Services portal. Information such as personal data, passport information, and travel plans must be provided.
The following types of information are needed:
- Information such as name, gender, address, and date of birth.
- Information about a passport, such as its number, and nationality.
- Details about your trip, such as dates of arrival and departure.
You should carefully review all the information on your application form, as any errors or omissions may result in the delay or rejection of your electronic tourist visa to Ethiopia.
During your visit to Ethiopia, you should always carry a copy of your Ethiopian e-Visa with you.
Dual nationals must use the same passport they used to apply for the electronic visa.
*Note: To validate your e-Visa, you must present your passport to the Ethiopian Immigration Officer upon arrival.
3. Ethiopian e-Visa processing time from Bolivia
Upon receipt of the required documents and information, Ethiopian officials review the application, paperwork, and payment. An e-Visa is usually issued within a few business days (within 01 to 03 business days). Keep track of your e-Visa application status online by checking the status.
To provide adequate time for the Ethiopia electronic visa application to be processed, apply at least 03 days before your travel.
If you are applying for an Ethiopian visa from Bolivia, you will receive an email response/approval regarding your e-Visa application along with an overview of the e-Visa terms and conditions.
At the airport, you must present a printed copy of your granted visa along with your passport to gain access to the country.
4. Ethiopia e-Visa fee for Bolivian citizens
Bolivian citizens are required to pay two types of Ethiopian e-Visa fees: government and service fees.
Since Bolivia is not listed on the Ethiopian e-Visa exemption list, a government charge is required.
The more applications you submit, the lower the service fee. You can also choose one of the following processing time options based on your budget:
- Normal: You may apply for this visa if you have enough time to prepare your documents and wait for a response. The waiting period for this type of service is 03 business days.
- Urgent: With this advanced type of service, you will have your results within 02 days.
- Super Urgent: This type is used when you need your e-Visa in a matter of hours. If you are a Bolivian citizen, you may expect to receive your visa within 24 business hours.
Payment Method: Bolivian applicants can choose between electronic payment or wire transfer (to the Bank of Cyprus). If you choose electronic payment, you will need Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or PayPal.
To maintain your benefits while traveling overseas, you can also purchase Ethiopia Travel Insurance for a small fee.
HOW CAN WE HELP?
NEED HELP 24/7
How it works ?
APPLY WITH CONFIDENCE