Ethiopia visa requirements for British Virgin Islanders
The Horn of Africa, as it is commonly known, has the continent's second-largest population, making Ethiopia a must-see trip for anybody traveling in Africa. To visit Ethiopia, most tourists will need a visa. In fact, only two nationalities are permitted to enter the country without a visa.
The British Virgin Islands are not the two countries that allow visa-free travel, so travelers of this country must apply for a valid visa.
Citizens of the British Virgin Islands can obtain an Ethiopian tourist visa easily. Visitors with tourist visas cannot work in Ethiopia under any circumstance. Travelers from the British Virgin Islands should understand the requirements and procedures needed to enter Ethiopia before traveling. An Ethiopian visa for British Virgin Islands residents is easy to obtain.
Ethiopian e-Visa for citizens of the British Virgin Islands
Citizens of the British Virgin Islands need a tourist visa to enter and travel within Ethiopia. There are two ways to obtain an Ethiopian visa for British Virgin Islands residents. They can obtain an Ethiopian e-Visa or they can apply at the closest Ethiopian embassy. While every tourist is free to choose his or her own path, an online visa is recommended.
The Ethiopia e-Visa allows travelers to bypass long lines and complicated paperwork procedures at the embassy and complete the entire process online. The online visa is the same document obtained at the border.
In general, Ethiopia tourist visas allow single entry and allow a maximum stay of either 30 or 90 days based on what types of visa travelers prefer to choose. Types of Ethiopia e-Visa for citizens of the British Virgin Islands:
- Tourist e-Visa - Single Entry for 30 days which valid for 30 days from the issue date for those who want to discover the beauty of Ethiopia in 30 days.
- Tourist e-Visa - Single Entry for 90 days which valid for 90 days after being approved by the Ethiopian government for travelers who want to experience the culture and witness the beautiful landscapes of Ethiopia in a longer period of time of 90 days overall.
Tourists with an e-Visa can enter Ethiopia only through the Bole International Airport in Addis Ababa. Those without an e-Visa cannot enter Ethiopia through other ports.
Ethiopian Visa requirements for citizens of the British Virgin Islands
In order to apply for an Ethiopian e-Visa, citizens of the British Virgin Islands must understand and meet the following requirements:
- British Virgin Islands passport
- The passport must have at least 6 months left from the arrival date.
- There should be a minimum of two blank runners left for stamps.
- A scanned copy of the first page of your passport
- Travel itinerary including
- Intended dates of travel
- A recent full-color passport photo which clearly shows the forehead and entire face.
- Credit or debit card for the fee
- A working email address for updating news and receiving e-visa approval.
Apply Ethiopia Visa for citizens of the British Virgin Islands
An Ethiopian visa application for citizens of the British Virgin Islands can be completed quickly and easily via the stable Internet. Applicants must include the details listed in the requirements above, as well as answer questions related to some basic information.
When the documents and payment have been submitted, the application is reviewed by the authorities then the e-visa approval is made available within 72 business hours after submission.
In some cases, the approval process may take longer due to inadequate credentials, or incorrect information. In these cases, count on waiting up to more than three business days. Therefore, make sure you plan ahead before you arrive in Ethiopia to allow enough time for the authorization process.
Ethiopia e-Visa fee for citizens of British Virgin Islands
It has two types of Ethiopia visa costs which consist of Service fees and Government fees. Since the British Virgin Islands is not included on the list of countries exempt from the requirement for e-Visas in Ethiopia, citizens of the British Virgin Islands must pay the Government Fee.
You will be charged a Service fee for an Ethiopian visa, according to the type and processing period you select.
At Ethiopian Immgiration Services, the service charge can be paid by selecting one of the three options below:
- Normal: If you choose this option, your e-visa will arrive within three business days. This is the most popular choice for travelers to choose because of its reasonable price.
- Urgent: The Ethiopian e-visa will be emailed to you within 2 business days if you choose this option. You will pay an extra fee for this service.
- Super Urgent: With this service, your Ethiopia e-Visa will be sent to you within 24 hours. It's the fastest type of Ethiopian e-Visa travelers can get as well as the most expensive option for travelers to pay.
In order to pay for the e-visa fee, British Virgin Islands citizens can pay online (through Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or PayPal) or by wire transfer using our payment system (Bank of Cyprus).
British Virgin Islands citizens are highly recommended to purchase Ethiopia Travel Insurance, so you are protected against many risks, including the Covid pandemic, when you are out of the home country.
Thank for you time to read about Ethiopia e-visa for British Virgin Islands citizens. If you have any questions about the Ethiopia Immigration field or want to book an Ethiopia online visa, let's contact us NOW. The support online and 24/7!