- 1. Ethiopia e-visa for Chilean citizens
- 2. How to apply for an Ethiopia visa from Chile?
- 3. Ethiopia visa fees for Chilean citizens and processing time
- 5. More about Ethiopia visa FAQs
Ethiopia visa requirements for Chilean citizens in March 2024
Ethiopia, one of the world's oldest countries, is known as the "Land of Beginnings", since it has the earliest human evidence. The country is breathtaking. In addition to the varied scenery, an Ethiopia visa permits travelers to take advantage of the country's numerous commercial prospects.
In this piece, we will look at the Ethiopia visa for Chilean citizens. Let's discover!
1. Ethiopia e-visa for Chilean citizens
Citizens of Chile must get a visa to enter Ethiopia.
What is an Ethiopia Visa?
The Ethiopian visa is a document that allows visitors to enter the country and participate in particular activities. Because of recent technological advancements, Chileans can now get an Ethiopia visa in the form of an e-visa.
Typically, there are 2 main categories of e-visa for Chile travelers to apply. However, these 2 types of visas are only for tourism purposes only.
With this type of visa, Chile travelers can come to Ethiopia to visit or do leisure activities such as city sightseeing, experience the beauty of the terrain, etc:
- Tourist e-visa for 30 days: Like its name, this visa is valid for 30 days from the date of entry and allows Chile citizens to stay in Ethiopia for plenty of time of 30 days in total with one entrance.
- Tourist e-visa for 90 days: If 30 days are not enough for you, Chile citizens can apply for this type of visa that is valid for 90 days from the arrival date and give them a stay duration of 90 days overall.
Remember that the Ethiopia e-Visa for Chileans is only valid if you enter Ethiopia through Addis Ababa. Other modes of transportation and entry points must be sought at the Ethiopia Embassy in person.
Ethiopia e-visa for Chile travelers
2. How to apply for an Ethiopia visa from Chile?
The steps for acquiring an Ethiopian e-visa are outlined below. If Chile citizens want to come to Ethiopia to study or work, they may go to your nearest embassy and apply offline.
Before you begin your application, you must first ensure that you fulfill the eligibility requirements for the applicable visa category. Following that, complete the application as follows.
Step 1: Fill out the secure application form online
Please fill out the online registration forms at the link Apply for Ethiopia e-Visa to process your visa to Ethiopia. You must submit all of the applicants' personal information at this point.
Step 2: Get confirmation and document requirements
Please double-check your information to confirm them are correct and full. Then, for our visa service fee, choose a payment method and fill out the secure checkout form.
You will be asked to produce further evidence to complete your application form once we have received the full payment for the Visa Service Fee and the Ethiopia Government & Admin Fee.
Step 3: Get your e-Visa through email
Please check your email for your confirmed data after completing step 2, and we will tell you when your Ethiopia e-Visa is available.
Step 4: Get your visa stamped into your passport on arrival
To board the flight, please print the Ethiopia e-Visa that we sent you through email. If you arrive in Ethiopia with a valid e-visa, you may need to provide biometric information and have a stamp implanted within your passport.
Apply process for Chilean nationals
Documents required for Ethiopia visa from Chile
The following papers must be submitted with the Ethiopian online visa application, according to the regulations. However, more papers may be required depending on the type of visa:
- A passport that is valid for at least six months from the date of entry into Ethiopia.
- There should be at least two vacant pages in the passport for the Immigration Officer to stamp.
- A photo or a scanned copy of the biographical page of your passport
- A recent picture of the applicant which must be in color and can be in any format.
- Dual nationals should select their nationality based on the passport they want to use for travel.
3. Ethiopia visa fees for Chilean citizens and processing time
You must pay two types of Ethiopia visa costs when applying for an Ethiopian visa online: the Ethiopia service fee and the Ethiopia Government fee.
Our service charge is the amount you must pay in advance for our services, which include advising you on the Ethiopia e-Visa, providing the necessary documents, evaluating your application, and notifying you of the outcome of your application. Before you arrive, we will collect your e-visa from the Ethiopian government and email it to you for printing.
The service fee is based on the number of individuals covered by your application and the urgency with which you want the visa. The application service is listed in the table below:
- Standard service: Chilean citizens will get an e-visa within 3 business days. This is the most popular service that all travelers choose.
- Urgent service: This service will process your e-visa within 3 business days. You will pay a little more than the standard service.
- Super Urgent service: This is the most expensive service, however, this service guarantees to have an e-visa within 24 working hours for Chile visitors.
Ethiopian e-visa The government and administrative fee is the amount you must pay to the Ethiopia Immigration Department in order for them to give you a visa. This is the fee that all applicants seeking an e-visa must pay. Any changes made after the government and administrative costs have been paid will be treated as a new application.
We also recommend that you buy Ethiopia travel insurance. When you are not in your own nation, you will be protected against various threats, including the COVID-19 pandemic, for a little application fee. We also want to emphasize that this is an optional step that you can take based on your circumstances.
The cost of e-visa for Chile citizens
5. More about Ethiopia visa FAQs
Here are some frequently asked questions about the Ethiopia visit visa.
Where do I get a visa for Ethiopia?
If you are traveling by air and your point of entry is the Addis Ababa airport in Ethiopia, you can apply for an e-visa. In rare situations, you may even be granted a visa upon arrival. If you do not fit into either of the aforementioned categories, you must apply directly to the Ethiopian Embassy in Chile or overseas.
How to check my visa status?
Checking the Ethiopian visa status of your application is a very easy process. Now, the Ethiopia Immigration Services provides a "Check status" service. You can check it by entering your passport number and the reference number. The result will be sent to your email address after 30 minutes.
How can I extend my Ethiopia visa?
Ethiopian visas may be readily renewed. You must request for an extension at the Department of Immigration and Nationality Affairs' Head Office in Addis Ababa. If you are denied, you must promptly leave the country to avoid criminal prosecution or fines.
How many days before the trip should I apply for an Ethiopian visa?
Because the application process only takes three working days, you can apply up to three days before your trip. However, a 7-day buffer is advised. As a result, you should apply at least one week before your trip.
Thank you for spending time reading this content. Hope this information clarifies the Ethiopia visa for Chilean citizens. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require Ethiopian visa assistance or have any questions. Our knowledgeable experts will help you become more clear and more succinct.