Ethiopia visa requirements for Ivorian citizens in November 2023
Citizens of Cote d'Ivoire are one of the nationals eligible to apply for an Ethiopia visa online. Those eligible for the electronic visa for Ethiopia also don't need to show up at an Ethiopian embassy or consulate in order to obtain their travel authorization.
With this e-visa system, Ivorian citizens interested in visiting Ethiopia for tourism purposes and a short visit are able to do so. Let's read to understand about Ethiopia visa for Ivorian citizens and entry rules to this country.
Apply for Ethiopian e-Visa for Citizens of Cote d'Ivoire
1. Do I need an Ethiopia e-Visa for citizens of Cote d'Ivoire?
When visiting Ethiopia for tourism, citizens of Cote d'Ivoire need a visa, so they must be familiar with the visa regulations.
There are several advantages, such as the fact that it can be done online in just a few minutes, that it can be answered in as little as 24 hours, and that there will be no need to queue once arriving in Ethiopia. With flexible options, applicants can choose between 30- or 90-day visas.
E-Visa for Ethiopia allows only single entries, and travelers can only enter from the Addis Ababa Bole International Airport, as it cannot be entered from other ports.
Ethiopia Visa requirements for Ivorian citizens
Ethiopia visa requirements must be reviewed before citizens of Cote d'Ivoire submit an Ethiopia e-Visa application. This includes preparing the correct documents. The Ethiopian visa entails that citizens of Cote d'Ivoire accept certain basic requirements:
- A Cote d'Ivoire passport must include biographical information and at least 2 blank pages.
- Applicant's full name, date of birth, gender, and current address.
- A passport photo that is in color and taken within the next six months from the planned departure date in Ethiopia.
- A detailed travel itinerary including dates and places of travel.
- Depending on the countries that Cote d'Ivoire travelers recently visited, they may need to present vaccination certificates. Travelers are advised to be immunized before visiting Ethiopia, however, not all vaccines are required.
The online application for an Ethiopia visa can begin when all the documents have been collected. Côte d'Ivoire applicants must ensure all the information provided is accurate before submitting the form.
Types of Ethiopia e-Visa for citizens of Cote d'Ivoire
Ethiopian visa advice for citizens from Cote D'Ivoire
The growing tourism economy of Ethiopia has not happened by chance. The government of Ethiopia has implemented various security measures to encourage tourists to come to the country. The number one priority should always be safety.
Travelers from Cote d'Ivoire may enter Ethiopia through Addis Ababa Bole International Airport only with the Ethiopia e-Visa.
Travelers from Cote d'Ivoire may also enter Ethiopia through one of Ethiopia's seven land borders: Somalia, Somaliland, Djibouti, Kenya, Eritrea, Sudan, and South Sudan, but e-Visas will not be issued at any of those borders. A visa is required for travelers from Cote d'Ivoire wishing to enter through one of the aforementioned border checkpoints in Ethiopia.
For nationals of Cote d'Ivoire who have submitted an online application, the Ethiopia visa for Ivorian citizens is delivered approximately 03 business days after it has been processed. The approval and delivery of the visa can typically take up to three business days. For this reason, Ethiopian authorities urge applicants from Cote d'Ivoire to carefully review the general requirements and conditions before submitting a visa application form since any mistake could cause a delay or a rejection.
2. How much is Ethiopia's e-visa fee for Ivorian citizens?
Applicants from Cote d'Ivoire need to pay two Ethiopian e-Visa fees in order to obtain an online visa: a Service Fee and a Government Fee. The Ethiopia e-Visa service fee varies depending on the category you choose in the list below:
- Normal service: You will obtain your e-visa in three business days if you choose this service.
- Urgent service: If you choose this option, you will receive an e-visa to Ethiopia within 2 days.
- Super urgent service: It can be received in around 24 hours.
You have two options for paying your bill: an electronic payment (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or PayPal) or a wire transfer (the Bank of Cyprus).
Furthermore, we strongly recommend you obtain COVID-19 insurance to protect your benefits while traveling as well as make it easier for your visa application to be approved.