- 1. Check Ethiopia visa requirements for Japanese citizens
- 2. How to apply for an Ethiopia visa from Japan?
- 3. Ethiopia Visa cost and Processing time
Ethiopia visa for Japanese citizens in March 2024
Ethiopia, with its mountains, rivers, waterfalls, verdant valleys, and other natural wonders, is a poet's dream. Ethiopia, a country of natural contrasts, offers tourists a diverse cultural experience.
Allow Ethiopia Immigration Services to introduce Ethiopia visa requirements for Japanese citizens, as well as how Japanese citizens may apply for and receive an Ethiopian visa in order to give the chance to those who want to explore the mysterious and beautiful country.
1. Check Ethiopia visa requirements for Japanese citizens
Japanese citizens who want to visit Ethiopia must first get a visa first. Citizens of Japan are no longer required to apply in person at an Ethiopian embassy in Japan or the nearest Ethiopian embassy. Candidates from Japan can apply for and get a visa while still in their home country with online visa system.
Ethiopia e-visa for Japanese travelers
What is an Ethiopian electronic visa?
Ethiopian online visa was developed to simplify the visa application process in Ethiopia. Citizens from all countries can complete the online application form in minutes by answering a few simple questions about themselves and their passports. This is the compulsory step to obtain an e-visa for tourism purposes.
Visa applications are normally processed from 1 to 3 working days, but in some cases, it may take you 24 hours. When a visa application is approved, the applicant receives notification through email.
Visitors can produce their passports and visas to Ethiopian border authorities at Addis Ababa Bole International Airport. Ethiopia's electronic visa is single-entry, with applicants having the option of a 30-day or 90-day visa.
2. How to apply for an Ethiopia visa from Japan?
Step 1: Fill out the secure online application form
To process your e-Visa to Ethiopia, fill out the online forms on the Apply for Ethiopia e-Visa page. All candidates must provide exact personal information because this information will be written on your e-visa.
Step 2: Obtain confirmation and the required documentation
Please double-check your information to ensure that it is right and full. Then, for the visa service fee, choose a payment option and fill out the secure checkout form. You will be asked to provide additional documents to complete your application form once we have received full payment for the Visa service charge and the Ethiopia Government & Admin Fee.
Step 3: Request your e-visa through email
Please check your mailbox for confirmation of your information, and we will contact you once your Ethiopia eVisa is ready. After it has been processed and authorized online, you will obtain your e-Visa.
Step 4: Have your visa stamped in your passport when you arrive
Please print the Ethiopia e-Visa that we issued you before going to the airport. If you arrive in Ethiopia with a valid e-visa, you may be required to give biometric information and have your passport stamped.
Ethiopia e-visa requirements for Japanese
What documents are required to obtain an Ethiopian visa for Japanese citizens?
Japanese nationals must confirm that they meet all conditions before commencing the online application procedure. Preparing the necessary documents ahead of time will save time and ensure a smooth application process.
Ethiopian candidates must additionally validate their personal information. The visa may be delayed or refused due to incorrect data or the inability to provide all essential documents.
The following are the Ethiopia visa requirements for Japanese nationals:
- Passports must be valid for at least six months from the date of entry.
- There should be at least two vacant pages in the passport for the Immigration Officer to stamp.
- Applications with dual citizenship should select their native country based on the passport they want to use for travel.
- A photograph of the applicant in color.
- Do Italians need visas for Ethiopia?
- Ethiopia visa for Vietnamese
- Ethiopia visa for Qatari citizens
- Ethiopian visa requirements for French citizens
The fee for an Ethiopia e-visa is a good price for Japanese candidates to apply
3. Ethiopia Visa cost and Processing time
Japanese nationals must pay two types of Ethiopia visa costs when applying for an Ethiopian visa online: the Ethiopia service fee and the Ethiopia Government fee.
- Ethiopia Government Fee: The amount required to be paid to the Ethiopia Immigration Department before they would give you a visa. This is the fee that applicants for an e-visa must pay.
- Ethiopia service fee: The service fee is based on the number of individuals covered by your application and the urgency with which you want the visa.
There are three different types of services available:
- Normal: For those who require an e-visa within three business days.
- Urgent: For those who require an e-visa in less than two days.
- Super urgent: For those who need an e-visa within 24 hours are deemed extremely urgent.
We also highly recommend that you obtain Ethiopia travel Insurance. When you are not in your home country, you will be protected against a range of hazards, including the Covid pandemic. We also want to emphasize that this is an optional step that you can take based on your circumstances.
Ethiopian visa processing time from Japan
Visas to Japan are usually granted within 1-3 business days. Once all relevant documents and information have been provided, Ethiopian authorities will assess the application, paperwork, and fee payment. Applicants can utilize the convenient online visa portal to follow the status of their application.
Due to application issues or other situations, the procedure may take longer than usual. It is thus recommended that you allow at least 7 days for the visa to be processed and that you apply well in advance of your trip.
Any visa correspondence or notices will be delivered through email to Japanese citizens who apply from their home country. The visa confirmation and an electronic copy of the visa will be given to the applicant's email address using this technique.
Hope this information has helped you understand the Ethiopian visa requirements for Japanese citizens. If you require any more assistance, please contact our support team as soon as possible.