Ethiopia visa requirements for South Koreans
The electronic visa to Ethiopia, also known as the Ethiopian e-Visa, is a travel document that allows selected countries to apply for an Ethiopian e-Visa when visiting Ethiopia for leisure or business.
South Korea is one of the qualifying countries that, as of 2017, can obtain this online travel authorization through an electronic application, which has some benefits for Republic of Korea nationals.
This article will provide information and instructions on how to meet Ethiopia e-Visa requirements for South Korean citizens.
Ethiopian e-visa for South Korean citizens
1. Ethiopia e-Visa for South Korean citizens
South Korean nationals must enter Ethiopia with an e-Visa. It is required for anyone entering the nation. The e-Visa to Ethiopia for South Koreans is a single-entry visa, which means that South Korean people who enter Ethiopia again must reapply for a new e-Visa if they want to return.
The period of stay allowed is 30 days or 90 days depending on 30-day and 90-day validity e-visa respectively. Before beginning the application, Koreans must understand the main reason for the trip, as well as how many times they will need to enter Ethiopia in order to select the best e-Visa choice.
The Ethiopian tourist visa is required for South Koreans who wish to visit Ethiopia and explore the country. Ethiopia has many national parks and ancient cities, and the e-Visa allows South Korean travelers to visit them without the need for additional documentation.
Ethiopia visa requirements for South Korean citizens
South Koreans seeking an e-Visa to Ethiopia must meet the following requirements:
- Passports issued to Korean applicants must be valid for at least 6 months following arrival in Ethiopia. This passport requirement applies to all applicants, including children and minors traveling to the African country.
- There must be at least 2 empty papers for entry stamps.
- A scanned digital ID photo which shows the applicants’ faces clearly.
- A copy of the passport's biographical page
The e-Visa to Ethiopia does not require much additional documentation so South Korean citizens can apply for an e-visa easily. In addition, for travelers who have more than 1 nationality, they must use the same one that they used when applying.
Requirements of Ethiopian e-visa for South Korean citizens
2. Apply for an Ethiopia e-Visa from South Korea
The online application for an Ethiopian e-Visa is simple and straightforward. Applicants from Korea must finish the process by following the steps and directions:
- The application begins with personal inquiries, such as the applicant's full name and passport numbers. Following these basic questions: what are the arrival and departure dates asked of South Korean tourists. It is not necessary to submit any reports because the majority of the questions are yes/no. The replies must, in any case, be true and correct. Any error can result in the rejection of an Ethiopian e-Visa.
- Following completion of the form, Korean nationals must pay the Ethiopia e-Visa fee. Payment must be made using a credit or debit card.
- Once approved, the travel authorization to Ethiopia is emailed to the Korean travelers in PDF format.
- South Korean citizens must print and bring their e-Visa to Ethiopia at the international airport. It must be presented to authorities along with the authentic Korean passport.
Once the Ethiopian e-Visa application form is completed, the approval document can be obtained in one to three days.
The Ethiopian government, specifically the border officials and immigration department, are in charge of approving or rejecting e-Visa applications. Although the process is quick, Koreans should request a travel authorization in advance to avoid any problems before their trip 7 days.
Travelers from South Korea must remember that overstaying in Ethiopia can result in legal penalties as well as being barred from returning.
How to apply for an Ethiopian e-visa from South Korea
3. Ethiopian e-Visa fee for South Korean citizens
To finish the application procedure, Koreans must pay two types of Ethiopian e-Visa fees: the government fee and the service fee. South Korea is not on the Ethiopian e-Visa exemption list, hence the government fee is necessary.
The more the number of applications you apply for, the lower the service fee. Alternatively, you can choose one of the following options to match your travel goals and budget:
- Normal: Using this service is the most cost-effective choice. You can apply for this form of service if you have the time to compile your documentation and wait for a response. This service has a three-business-day wait period.
- Urgent: South Korean citizens will receive their results within 2 days if they use this innovative form of service.
- Super Urgent: This service is used for South Korean individuals in high-priority situations where your e-Visa is needed within a few hours. The results of this service will be accessible within 24 business hours.
Electronic payments and wire transfers are two methods of payment. When it comes to electronic payments, you should think about Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or PayPal. Moreover, if you are using a wire transfer method, you must pay through the Bank of Cyprus.
It is strongly advised that you purchase Covid-19 Insurance. You will be safeguarded against a wide range of hazards, including Covid pandemics. This is not required, it is an option.
Hope this article helps you have useful information about Ethiopia visa for South Korean citizens. Let contact us if you have any question or want to book a Ethiopia online visa services now.
HOW CAN WE HELP?
NEED HELP 24/7
How it works ?
APPLY WITH CONFIDENCE