Ethiopia visa requirements for Maldivian citizens
Foreign visitors who wish to travel to Ethiopia for tourism or business are able to obtain an Ethiopia e-Visa online via an electronic form on Ethiopian Immigration Services. Maldivian citizens may apply online with no need to visit an Ethiopian embassy or consulate.
In the article below, let's find out the details of the Ethiopia visa for Maldives citizens with Ethiopia.
1. Ethiopian e-visa for Maldivian citizens
Maldivian passport holders must obtain a visa prior to entering Ethiopia, regardless of whether it is for pleasure or business. Holders of service or diplomatic passports can enter Ethiopia without a visa for up to three months.
The Ethiopian government issues single-entry tourist e-visas for Maldivian citizens to apply online. Other types of business-related visas, such as investment visas, journalist visas, and short-term visas for government institutions, travelers must apply for regular visas in order to go for those purposes.
Visitors from the Maldives may extend their tourist visas with the Main Department of Immigration and Nationality Affairs in Addis Ababa at the end of the 30-day period or the start of the 90-day period.
- Ethiopian 30-day e-visa: This e-visa is valid for 30 days from the date of entry. With the help of tourist e-visa, Maldivian travelers can layover for 30 days with a single entry.
- Ethiopian 90-day e-visa: This entry is valid for 90 days from the date of arrival with one time only to enter Ethiopia. Travelers can use this e-visa to stay for a maximum of 90 days in total.
Citizens of Maldives should be aware that overstaying a visa is illegal and can bring fines and penalties.
Ethiopian e-Visa requirements for Maldivian citizens
Ethiopia has a visa requirement for Maldivian citizens in order to apply for an online travel authorization. Ethiopian e-Visa requirements for Maldivian include:
- A 6-month validity Maldives passport from the date of entry
- An unexpired debit or credit card
- An active email address to receive e-visa result
- A scanned copy of the passport’s biographical page
- A recent passport-size digital photo in color
- A stable internet connection, and
- A mobile device such as a computer, a tablet, or a smartphone.
Maldivian passports must be valid for at least six months after entry into Ethiopia. Additionally, there must be two blank pages or more on the passport. Maldivian nationals, including dual nationals with multiple passports, are required to enter Ethiopia using the same passport they applied for the e-Visa with.
2. Step by step to apply for an Ethiopia e-Visa from the Maldives
A Maldivian passport holder may apply for an Ethiopian e-Visa online much more quickly and easily than a traditional visa. Online Ethiopia visa applications can be completed within minutes from anywhere in the world.
What details are required for visa application?
Maldivian candidates must access the application form and provide the following information:
- Date and place of birth
- Contact information
- Passport number
Furthermore, applicants will also need to answer several health-related questions, as well as pay the Ethiopia e-Visa processing fee once they confirm all the information is accurate.
When Maldivians travel to Ethiopia who have previously visited or transited through a yellow fever risk country, they must present a yellow fever certificate upon arrival.
Upon approval of the Ethiopian e-Visa application for Maldives by email, it will be sent to the email address on the application form. If all of the information on the application is accurate, it takes less than 72 hours (3 business days) to receive the Ethiopian e-Visa.
An e-Visa application may take longer if there are any errors or discrepancies in the form.
Applicants from the Maldives should carefully review all the information before submitting their application form to avoid delays and ensure they will receive their travel authorizations on time.
It is strongly advised to apply for an e-Visa as soon as possible and at least 4-7 days before the trip to allow for extended processing times. Maldivian candidates can always check Ethiopia visa status online.
3. Ethiopian e-Visa fee for Maldivian citizens
Ethiopia Immigration Services takes great pride in its ability to offer exceptional service at a fair price. You can purchase COVID-19 insurance to protect your benefits when traveling abroad in case of an emergency, this is a minimal price. The cost of an Ethiopian visa is determined by the type of visa and the processing time you choose. Due to Ethiopia's exemption list, Maldives is not exempt from the government fee.
Depending on which category you select from the list below, you can set the service charge accordingly:
- Normal: In this case, your e-visa will be issued within three business days.
- Urgent: By choosing this option, you will receive an e-visa within two days.
- Super Urgent: The quickest type of e-visa, accessible in as little as 24 hours.
You can pay your e-Visa using the electronic transfer (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, PayPal) or wire transfer (Bank of Cyprus).