Ethiopia visa requirements for Somali citizens
Ethiopia, often known as the Horn of Africa, is located in the northeastern corner of Africa. While there are numerous reasons to visit Ethiopia, one vital document is required: a visa.
All nations, with the exception of two, require a visa to enter Ethiopia. There is no need to be concerned because there are several possibilities for an Ethiopia visa for Somali citizens.
1. Check Ethiopia e Visa requirements for Somali citizens
Somalis require a visa to enter and travel in Ethiopia. An Ethiopia e Visa is valid from the exact date of entry in Ethiopia provided in the application form. The procedure of obtaining an Ethiopia visa for Somali citizens has been streamlined. The majority of visitors will require a tourist visa.
Standard tourist visas allow for a single entrance and a stay of 30 or 90 days. This implies that after a person has left the country, a single tourist visa cannot be used again. The regulation applies even if the visa still has days left on it. Staying in the country after the visa has expired or the extension term has expired may result in fines and legal repercussions.
Somali visitors on tourist visas are not permitted to work at all. Not even for voluntary work. Tourist visa holders are also unable to change their immigration status.
Tourists must complete all Ethiopian e-Visa requirements for Somali citizens to successfully apply for an Ethiopia e-Visa.
Ethiopia Visa For Somalia Citizens
2. How can Somali citizens apply for an Ethiopian e Visa?
What documents do Somali need to get an Ethiopian Visa?
Somali citizens must check that they satisfy all conditions before beginning the online application. Gathering the necessary documentation will save time and ensure a smooth application procedure.
It is also critical that Somali candidates double-check their information. Incorrect data or the inability to produce all required papers may cause the visa to be delayed or refused.
The following are the Ethiopia visa requirements for Somali citizens:
- Valid passport not less than 06 months from the intended date of entry in Ethiopia.
- The passport should have at least one blank page for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- A recent color photograph of the applicant.
- Ethiopia visa UK citizens
- Ethiopia visa for Indians
- Ethiopia visa for German citizens
- Ethiopia visa for Swedish citizens
- Ethiopian visa for Tanzanians
Ethiopia EVisa requirements for Somali citizens
Step by step to apply the Ethiopia visa for Somali citizens
- Step 1: Complete the online secure application form. Fill out the online forms at the link Apply for Ethiopia e-Visa to process your eVisa to Ethiopia. You must include the candidates' complete personal information.
- Step 2: Obtain confirmation and provide the necessary documentation. Please double-check your information to ensure that it is complete and right. Then, for our visa service charge, select a payment option and complete the secure checkout form. After we receive full payment for the Visa Service Fee and the Ethiopia Government & Admin Fee, you will be required to supply certain further documents to complete your application form.
- Step 3: Request your e Visa through email. Please check your email for your confirmed details, and we will notify you when your Ethiopia eVisa will be ready. The e-Visa will be processed and granted online and sent to you.
- Step 4: Download and print out the e Visa before departing. Upon arrival, have your visa stamped in your passport. When you arrive in Ethiopia with a valid e-Visa, you may be asked to provide biometric information and have a stamp inserted inside your passport.
3. Ethiopia visa fee and processing times
There are 02 types of Ethiopia visa fees, including:
- The Government fee: which is a mandatory fee that you pay to the Government
- Service fee: which is the fee that the person applying for the Ethiopia visa online service has to pay. The service fee can be paid by electronic payment (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and PayPal) or wire transfer (Bank of Cyprus transactions).
There are currently 03 different rates for applicants to choose from, depending on the urgency of the visa.
- Normal: For Somali citizens who need an e-Visa within 03 working days.
- Urgent: For Somali nationals who need an e-Visa in 02 working days.
- Super Urgent: For citizens who need an e Visa within 24 business hours.
In addition, we recommend that you should buy Covid-19 Insurance. With the fee of US$ 299 per application, you will be insured against many risks, especially the Covid pandemic, when you are not in your home country. We also note that this is optional, you can consider depending on your situation.
Hope this article brings you useful information about Ethiopia visa requirements for Somali citizens. If you want to book an Ethiopia visa service, do not hesitate to contact us. Professional staff with many years of experience in this field will save you a lot of time and money to get visa approval.