The Ethiopian Government notices entry requirements related to the pandemic
What do you need to prepare when traveling to Ethiopia these days? This announcement from the Ethiopian Government may help travellers visiting Ethiopia have a right understanding and a smooth experience in this country.
Ethiopia entry requirement in relation to covid-19 effective 23 September 2020:
- All passengers traveling to Ethiopia MUST present a negative RT PCR test certificate for COVID-19 before boarding a flight. The certificate validity shouldn’t exceed 120 hours on arrival from the date sample is given.
- Children less than or equal to 12 years of age are exempted from the RT PCR test certificate requirement.
- There shall be no COVID-19 test to be done on arrival at Addis Ababa.
- A Rapid diagnostic test (RDT antibody test) will not be accepted for this purpose.
- The above requirement does not apply to transit passengers.
- All Diplomatic and Service (including United Nations and African Union) passport holders, including their immediate families, are advised but not required to have a certificate of negative PCR-COVID-19 test before arrival to Ethiopia. However, anyone (diplomatic and service passport holder including their immediate families) who come to Ethiopia without a negative PCR COVID-19 test result, is required to stay in quarantine for fourteen (14) days at home.