Ethiopia visa requirements for Danish citizens
- 1. What Visa do I need to visit Ethiopia from Denmark?
- 2. What documents do Danish citizens need to get an Ethiopian visa?
- 3. How can Danish citizens apply for an Ethiopian Visa?
- 4. Ethiopia Visa cost and Processing time
The application process of Ethiopia visa for Danish citizens is a quick and secure online process that can be completed in only a few days before travel. In addition to the Ethiopia e-Visa, Danish nationals can receive a visa on arrival in Ethiopia. Nonetheless, the online e-visa application is preferred since it is considerably faster.
Citizens of the majority of foreign nations including Denmark can apply for an e-visa to enter Ethiopia from June 1, 2018. Only nationals of Kenya and Djibouti are permitted to enter Ethiopia without a visa for up to one year and three months, respectively.
Ethiopian e-visa for Danish citizens
1. What Visa do I need to visit Ethiopia from Denmark?
Danish nationals can apply for an Ethiopia tourist visa online or at the airport. Ethiopia tourist visas are valid for a single entrance for periods of 30 or 90 days:
- 30-day e-visa: This visa is for tourism only which is valid for 30 days from the intended date to arrive in Ethiopia and allows Danish citizens to stay in this country for 30 days.
- 90-day e-visa: This visa is also for tourism purposes which is valid for 90 days from the issuance date and has a maximum duration of 90 days.
Danish visitors are urged to apply for an Ethiopia visa online. Because the e-Visa notifies passengers of their visa eligibility ahead to departure, it can assist visitors avoid difficulties and uncertainties upon arrival.
Please keep in mind that passengers with an e-Visa must enter Ethiopia through Addis Ababa Bole International Airport. The online visa prohibits travelers from entering the country through any other ports.
2. What documents do Danish citizens need to get an Ethiopian visa?
Danish residents must produce the following papers when applying for an e-Visa to Ethiopia:
- Passport must be valid for at least 6 months during your trip in Ethiopia.
- The passport should have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- A scanned copy of biographical page of applicants’ passports.
- A recent 6-month passport-size photograph.
- Applicants having dual nationality should pick their nationality that was used on the passport when filling the online form.
Ethiopian e-visa requirements for Danish travelers
3. How can Danish citizens apply for an Ethiopian Visa?
Now, Danish citizens can apply for only an Ethiopia visa from Denmark or anywhere in the world, only with a device that has internet connection:
- Step 1: Fill out the secure online application form. To process your e-Visa to Ethiopia, fill out the online forms at the link Apply for Ethiopia e-Visa. You must provide all of the candidates' personal information.
- Step 2: Obtain confirmation and the necessary documentation. Please verify that your information is accurate and full by checking it twice. After that, select a payment option for our visa service charge and complete the secure checkout form. You will be required to provide more supporting evidence to complete your application form when we have received full payment for the Ethiopian Government & Admin Fee and the Visa Service Fee.
- Step 3: Request your e-Visa. As soon as your Ethiopia e-Visa becomes available, we will let you know, so please check your email for your verified information. Before being mailed to you, the e-Visa will be processed and granted online.
- Step 4: Upon arrival, have your passport stamped with your visa. To board the aircraft, please print the Ethiopia e-Visa that we sent you through email.
How to apply for an e-visa from Denmark
4. Ethiopia Visa cost and Processing time
Ethiopia Visa cost for Denmark citizens
When requesting an Ethiopian visa online, there are two sorts of e-visa fees that must be paid: the Ethiopia service fee and the Ethiopia Government fee.
- Ethiopia Government Fee: Before receiving a visa, you must pay this sum to the Ethiopian Immigration Department. For those who want to apply for an e-Visa, this cost is compulsory because Denmark is not in the visa exemption list of Ethiopia.
- Ethiopia service charge: The service price is determined on the number of people your application covers and how quickly you need the visa.
There are three types of Ethiopia visa services that can be used:
- Normal visa: For those who require an e-Visa within three business days.
- Urgent visa: For those who require an e-Visa in less than two days.
- Super Urgent visa: For those who require an e-Visa within 24 hours.
We strongly advise you to buy Ethiopia travel insurance for your trip in Ethiopia. When traveling outside of your home country, you can purchase protection against a number of risks, including the Covid pandemic, for US$ 119.00 each application. Additionally, we want to stress that you have the choice to skip this stage depending on your personal situation.
Ethiopian visa processing time from Denmark
Typically, it takes 1-3 business days to secure a visa for Ethiopia from Denmark. Ethiopian authorities will review the application, papers, and fee payment once all required documents and information have been submitted. The user-friendly online visa portal allows applicants to keep track of the status of their application.
The process can take longer than usual due to any errors or other issues. Therefore, in order to have a pleasant and well-prepared trip, it is advised that you apply well in advance at least 7 days for the visa to be processed.
By email, any correspondence or notices regarding visas will be sent to Danish nationals who apply from their home country via Ethiopian Immigration Services. The applicant's email address will be used to send both the visa confirmation and an electronic copy of the visa.
Hope the information in the preceding post was valuable to you. If you have any further concerns concerning the Ethiopia visa for Denmark citizens, please do not hesitate to contact us.