Ethiopia visa requirements for Finnish citizens in March 2024
Since the introduction of the Ethiopian e-Visa in recent years, the East African country of Ethiopia has become more accessible and simpler for international visitors to explore. Eligible nationals, including Finnish citizens, can now apply electronically with just a few clicks.
Finnish citizens who apply in this manner save time and money because there is no need to schedule an appointment with a local Ethiopian embassy or consulate. Successful applicants from Finland will receive their approved Ethiopian online visas straight in their email inboxes.
Keep reading to more understand for Ethiopia visas for Finnish citizens in this article!
1. Ethiopian visa requirements for Finnish citizens
Ethiopian Immigration Services is pleased to provide Finnish citizens with a smooth digital platform to apply for an e-visa entirely online. There are two typical types of Ethiopian e-visa authorized by the Ethiopian government:
- Tourist 30-day validity e-visa: Allows Finnish citizens for a stayover for up to 30 days from the date of entry and can enter Ethiopia once only.
- Tourist 90-day validity e-visa: Permits Finnish citizens to stay in Ethiopia for 90 days in total with one time to enter this country.
There are various Ethiopian e-Visa requirements that must be met by Finnish citizens when completing the online application form in order for them to get an Ethiopian tourist e-Visa.
Personal information and supporting documentation must be submitted in accordance with the following guidelines:
- A current Finnish passport. The passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry into Ethiopia.
- More than two blank pages in the passport to allow an immigration official to stamp.
- A recent passport-size photo of the Finnish applicant. Only images in color are accepted.
- Personal information Full name, date of birth, country, and place of birth, as well as gender.
- A valid email address. Because the Ethiopian visa is sent online, the Finnish applicant must have a valid email address.
- To pay the visa processing cost, you must have a valid debit or credit card.
In addition to these requirements, Finland nationals are encouraged to be aware of the appropriate immunizations required while entering Ethiopia, since there may be some medical measures to take in advance.
If a Finnish traveler fails to comply with these requirements for a tourist visa to Ethiopia, they could see a delay in the approval or even a refusal in the issuance of the Ethiopian e-Visa.
Furthermore, if Finnish citizens want to overstay an Ethiopian online visa, they must be aware of the legal consequences.
2. Way to apply for an Ethiopian e-Visa from Finland
Citizens of Finland can complete the simple, clear online Ethiopian tourist visa application form in a couple of minutes.
A Finnish applicant must input accurate personal information and passport details such as passport number and expiration date on the Ethiopian e-visa application form.
What types of Ethiopian visas for Finnish citizens apply for?
The tourist visa to Ethiopia is valid for a single entrance with a stay length of 30 days or 90 days from entry. When completing the application, you can select a stay period of 30 or 90 days. The overall validity of the Finnish applicant's tourist e-visa to Ethiopia will also be determined by the entry type selected.
A Finnish traveler can expect to get their approved e-visa through email within 1-3 business days after completing the online Ethiopian tourist visa application.
It is essential to note that Finnish nationals who obtain an online Ethiopian travel authorization must arrive at Addis Ababa Bole Foreign Airport in Ethiopia since this is the only entry point in Ethiopia that allows international arrivals with an e-Visa.
Once a Finnish passport holder has gotten an Ethiopian e-visa, it is recommended that they print out a copy and bring it with them to Ethiopia in case an immigration officer demands to examine it upon arrival at the international airport.
3. Ethiopian e-Visa fees for Finnish citizens
When applying for an Ethiopian e-Visa online, there are two Ethiopian e-visa fees to consider (a service fee and a government fee). We provide three service price choices for you to select from based on your needs:
- Normal: You will receive your e-visa in three business days.
- Urgent: With this option, you can acquire your e-Visa in as little as 2 business days.
- Super urgent: This is the greatest option in an emergency. You can obtain a visa as fast as feasible, sometimes in as little as 24 business hours.
Don't miss your chance to get a discount if any when applying for an Ethiopia visa at ethiopiaimmigration.org. We regularly bring attractive promotions to customers using our e-visa service.
Finland is not on the list of exempt countries, hence the Government Fee must be paid. Moreover, the government fee is not refundable once applied.
Payment method: You have the option of paying electronically or by wire transfer. There are numerous alternatives for electronic payment, including Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and PayPal.
Furthermore, we highly recommend that you purchase COVID-19 insurance. When you are not in your own country, you will be protected against various risks, including the Covid pandemic.
Hope the detailed article above has helped you better understand the Ethiopian visa for Finnish citizens. If you are planning to visit Ethiopia soon or require an immigration visa, please contact us immediately. Our professional staff, with many years of experience in immigration, will assist you in swiftly obtaining your approved Ethiopia visa.