Ethiopia visa requirements for Guamanians in March 2024
Citizens of most foreign countries, including Guamanians, require a visa to enter Ethiopia. Guamanians can acquire their electronic visas in just a few simple steps with the new system. Keep reading to understand the visa process for Guamanian citizens traveling to Ethiopia and how to apply online for an Ethiopia visa for Guamanian citizens.
Ethiopia e-Visa for Guamanian citizens
1. What is Ethiopia e-Visa for Guamanian citizens?
Guamanians holding Guam passports can apply for a tourist visa to Ethiopia for stays of 30 or 90 days. Guamanian passport holders have two alternatives for acquiring an Ethiopian tourist visa: an e-visa or a traditional visa.
Ethiopian visas can be obtained by waiting in line at the Ethiopian Embassy in Guam. Visitors should also ensure that they bring all the necessary documents to prevent their entry from being denied. Travelers are encouraged to apply online as the process is faster and quite simple. As the process is taken care of online, travelers do not have to wait in long lines. Before you travel, obtain your e-Visa approval to avoid inconveniences when you arrive.
Online visa holders can enter Ethiopia through Addis Ababa Bole International Airport. Entry through any other port is not possible with the online visa at the moment.
Guamanian citizens are encouraged to apply online as the process is faster and quite simple.
Ethiopia Visa requirements for Guamanian citizens
To request an e-Visa for Ethiopia, Guamanians must provide the following documents:
- The passport must be valid for at least six months after the date of entry into Ethiopia.
- A recent passport-size photo.
Before submitting their application, applicants should verify that all the information they provide is accurate and current, as any changes or updates can lead to delays in their visa application. Furthermore, this may prevent issues at Ethiopian Immigration counters.
- Full name
- Country of citizenship
- Passport details
- Country of issue
- Passport number
- Date of issue
- Expiry date
In cases where citizens have more than one passport, they should fill out the e-Visa form using the passport they will use to travel to Ethiopia. Inconsistencies between the travel document and the information provided on the e-visa can lead to travelers' denials of entry.
Visitors from Guamanian must present the following documents upon arriving at Addis Ababa Bole International Airport:
- An Ethiopian e-visa copy (if applicable)
- A photocopy of the passport
- Passports are valid for a minimum of six months after the date of arrival
- The passport has 2 blank pages for stamps or immigration notes
To come back before the visa expires, travelers need to obtain a new visa. The tourist visa is valid for a single entry only.
Visas can be extended for a maximum of 30 days, provided all visa requirements have been met by the applicant. If a visa extension is necessary, the applicant may request an extension before the expiration date of the visa.
You may be fined or subject to legal penalties for overstaying your visa.
Likewise, Guamanians can also have to provide proof of yellow fever vaccination upon entering Ethiopia. The requirement also applies to travelers who recently transited at an airport in a yellow fever-risk country.
Ethiopia visa requirements for Guamanian citizens
2. How to apply for an Ethiopia e-Visa for Guamanian citizens
- Filling out the Ethiopian online application form is the easiest and safest way for Guamanians to apply for a visa to Ethiopia. It is a step-by-step guide that applicants through the application process.
- The Guamanian travelers should ensure they meet all requirements, as explained previously. After providing all the required information, the online payment must be completed using a credit or debit card.
- An e-visa will be emailed to the address you provided in your application within a few business days of approval.
3. Ethiopia e-Visa cost for Guamanian citizens
You must pay two types of Ethiopian e-Visa fees when applying online: service fees and government fees. The cost varies depending on the type of visa you select.
As Guamania is not listed as exempt by Ethiopia, you will have to pay the government charge in case of unforeseen circumstances.
Type of Ethiopia visa services
Fees for each of the three visa services differ:
- Normal: This option will deliver your e-visa within three business days.
- Urgent: With this e-visa option, you will receive an Ethiopia e-visa in two days.
- Super Urgent: It is the fastest Ethiopian e-visa available, which can be obtained within 24 hours.
Payment options include electronic payments (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or PayPal) or direct transfers to the Bank of Cyprus.
For a smooth trip to enter Ethiopia, we highly recommend that visitors apply visa 7 days before the trip. If you have any questions about Ethiopia visas for Guamanian citizens or want an approved visa, let's contact us NOW!