Check Ethiopia visa requirements for Vietnamese
The Ethiopia e-Visa was introduced in June 2017 to simplify and expedite the process of acquiring an Ethiopian visa, and Vietnamese passport holders are among those who can apply for this online travel permission.
This new approach allows Vietnamese citizens who want to visit Ethiopia for tourism purposes for a short period of time to do so.
The Ethiopian electronic visa also means that eligible passengers do not need to physically present themselves at an Ethiopian Embassy or consulate to receive travel permission.
1. Ethiopian e-Visa for Vietnamese citizens
When visiting Ethiopia for tourism, Vietnamese residents require a visa, which is why Vietnamese passport holders must grasp the visa restrictions.
Certain benefits include a rapid online application that takes only a few minutes to complete and a quick response time of 24 to 72 hours.
Ethiopia e visa is issued by the Ethiopian Government for visitors who wish to travel to the country for tourism or other non-business-related purposes only. It is valid from the date of entry in Ethiopia provided in the application form, with a single entry. There is no need to queue after arrival in Ethiopia, and you may choose between a 30- or 90-day visa.
Types of Ethiopia e-Visa for Vietnamese citizens:
- Tourist e-Visa - Single Entry for 30 days
- Tourist e-Visa - Single Entry for 90 days
It enables tourists to arrive only through the Addis Ababa Bole International Airport because other ports are not permitted.
If Vietnamese are looking for a multiple-entry visa, they have to go through the conventional method by going directly to the Ethiopian embassy in Vietnam.
- Do Somalis need visa to Ethiopia?
- Do Swedish citizens need visa for Ethiopia?
- Ethiopian visa for Tanzanians
2. Ethiopian Visa requirements for Vietnamese citizens
Vietnamese applicants should review the Ethiopia visa requirements before applying for an Ethiopia e-Visa. This entails gathering the necessary documentation.
The Ethiopian visa requires Vietnamese citizens to accept the following essential requirements:
- Passport from Vietnam that is valid at least 06 months from the intended arrival date in Ethiopia. Each applicant must include biographical information in the passport, as well as at least 01 blank page for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- A color passport photo was taken within 06 months of the anticipated date of the trip.
Once the documents have been obtained, the Ethiopia online application procedure can begin. Vietnamese applicants just need to fill in a simple application form, which requires information:
- Personal information:
The birth date
Birthplace Country of Citizenship
- Passport details:
The number on a passport
- Date of arrival/departure.
The visa might often take a few business days to be granted and delivered. This is why Ethiopian authorities advise Vietnamese applicants to carefully check the general requirements and conditions, as even the smallest error could result in visa application forms being delayed or rejected.
3. Ethiopian e-Visa fee for Vietnamese citizens
To apply for an e-visa to Ethiopia from Vietnam, you must pay two Ethiopia e-Visa Fees: the Service Fee and the Government Fee.
The Government fee is compulsory since Vietnam is not on the exemption list for Ethiopia e visa.
The service fee is variable depending on which of the three service categories you select from the list below:
- Normal: You will obtain your e-visa in 03 business days if you choose this service.
- Urgent: If you choose this option, you will receive an e-visa to Ethiopia within 02 days.
- Super urgent: It can be received in as little as 24 hours - the quickest Ethiopia e-visa kind.
You have two options for paying your bill: electronic payment (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or PayPal) or wire transfer (Bank of Cyprus transactions).
Furthermore, we strongly advise you to acquire Travel Insurance Ethiopia in order to preserve your benefits while traveling and make it simpler for your visa application to be accepted.
Advice on Obtaining an Ethiopian Visa for Vietnamese citizens
Keep in mind that the Ethiopia e-Visa only allows Vietnamese visitors to enter the country through Addis Ababa Bole International Airport.
Travelers from Vietnam can also enter Ethiopia through one of the country's seven land borders, which include Somalia, Somaliland, Djibouti, Kenya, Eritrea, Sudan, and South Sudan. However, no visas will be issued at any of these land borders. To enter at one of the border checkpoints mentioned above, Vietnamese visitors must apply for a visa at an Ethiopian embassy or consulate.
Ethiopia Visa Requirements for Vietnam Citizens FAQs
Yes. Because Vietnam is not exempted from the Ethiopia visa, Vietnam citizens must obtain a valid visa to enter Ethiopia legally. Fortunately, Vietnam travelers now can use an electronic visa to visit Kenya for such purposes as tourism only. Ethiopian Immigration Services brings the best digital platform for Vietnamese travelers to apply for an e-visa. With just under 20 minutes, they can request for themselves an Ethiopian e-visa to enter the country. Below are the 2 categories of e-visa that visitors can apply:
- 30-day e-visa: This tourist e-visa is valid for 30 days from the date of arrival.
- 90-day e-visa: Ethiopian tourist e-visa for 90 days is valid for 90 days from the date that you enter the country.
The eVisa has been approved by the Directorate of Immigration Services to simplify the process of obtaining a visa to Ethiopia. Vietnam visitors can get the Ethiopian e-visa online on Ethiopian Immigration Services website without applying for a traditional visa at the Embassy or Consulate. This saves a lot of time for Vietnamese nationals to wait for the interview to get a visa. However, if Vietnam citizens want to go to Ethiopia for other purposes such as study, business, etc. they must apply for a regular visa at the Embassy.
Vietnam is not in the exempt country list for visa free of Ethiopia, so Vietnam citizens must be required to have a valid visa for entering the country. Luckily, Vietnam is the eligible country that can apply for an e-visa at Ethiopian Immigration services.
By 3 simple steps, Vietnam citizens can have their own Ethiopian e-visa for themselves:
- Step 1: Vietnam travelers are required to fill out the form with personal details and passport numbers.
- Step 2: Remember to check your information carefully before going to the next step. After checking, Vietnamese citizens are required to make payment for the e-visa to be processed.
- Step 3: Frequently check your email box to update information and receive the e-visa as a PDF file.
For the process, Vietnamese citizens might be charged a fee if they apply for an e-visa including the government fee and the service fee. If your application is rejected, the government fee will not be refunded.
After receiving the e-visa result via email, Vietnamese citizens are highly recommended to print it out before going to the airport. If they do not have the scanned copy of e-visa, the Border Force Officers will not allow Vietnamese citizens to enter Ethiopia legally.
Ethiopia, one of the oldest nations on Earth, is regarded to have been the birthplace of humanity. There are numerous historical sites that date back three million years. Apart from that, Ethiopia is an incredibly attractive country with breathtaking hills, deserts, national parks, rivers, and waterfalls. Experiencing Ethiopia's festivals, culture, and cuisine is an incredible experience.
The Ethiopian government offers Vietnam tourists only one sort of e-visa for travel. The Ethiopian tourist e-visa enables Vietnamese to take in the breathtaking scenery, engage in leisure activities like visiting friends and family, and celebrate the holiday season. Vietnam citizens can use a user-friendly and quick online gateway to apply for Ethiopia e-visa by visiting the Ethiopian Immigraion Services website.
There are two options for this type of visa that permit people from Vietnam to stay in Ethiopia:
- 30-day e-visa: This single entry visa is for Vietnam citizens who want to stay in Ethiopia for a short-term trip within 30 days from the date of entry.
- 90-day e-visa: This is another type of Ethiopia e-visa for Vietnamese citizens which allows Vietnamese nationals to stay in Ethiopia for a longer period of time with a single entry visa. Vietnamese travelers can spend a maximum of 90 days in Ethiopia to experience the unique culture of this country.
The Ethiopian e-visa fee is divided into two separate categories: the government fee and the service fee. The government fee is the sum of money that, after you submit an e-visa application, cannot be adjusted. The Ethiopia government receives this payment in order to process the e-visa.
Additionally, Vietnam visitors pay a service charge to Ethiopian Immigration Services. If you have issues with the progress, we will help Vietnamese travelers. The service charge may vary depending on the processing time of e-visa:
- Normal: This is the cheapest option for Vietnam travelers apply for Ethiopia e-visa. The process will be guaranteed to be done within 3 working days.
- Urgent: This option has a higher price than the normal one. The time to process e-visa of this option is quicker, Vietnam travelers will get their e-visa within 2 working days.
- Super Urgent: This option is the most expensive than the two previous ones. The process is done within 24 business hours for Vietnam citizens who do not have time to wait for e-visa.
The payment methods that are highly recommended to use is that Vietnam visitors can pay for their e-visa through electronic payment such as Visa, Master Card, American Express and Paypal.
Since 2017, Vietnam nationals may enter Ethiopia for tourism with an electronic visa issued by the Ethiopian government. The country's economy will increase significantly as a result of the rising number of visitors from Vietnam.
How long it takes Ethiopia e-visa for Vietnam travelers depends on the processing time they select. E-visa processing typically takes 1 to 3 business days. This is thought to be a lot quicker than waiting for a visa interview at an embassy or consulate. Thus, Vietnam nationals must submit their applications at least 4 working days before they plan to travel to Ethiopia.
- Normal: For Vietnam travelers who want to obtain an e-visa within 72 business hours.
- Urgent: For Vietnam nationals who want to get an e-visa within 48 business hours.
- Super Urgent: For Vietnam who want to acquire an e-visa within 24 business hours.
Moreover, Vietnam travelers who want to follow the process of their e-visa, can click on the Check Status button to track where their visa is processed. After submitting the form, the result will be sent to your email box in 30 minutes. Note that this is only for customers who have applied for an e-visa on Ethiopian Immigration Services.
If you are a citizen of Vietnam and wish to know if your e-visa has been processed or not, please fill out the online Check Status form. Vietnamese nationals must initially fill out the form with their full names, passport numbers, email address and reference number.
After submitting the application, Vietnam nationals can check the status of their electronic visa. It is strongly advised that Vietnam customers of the Ethiopian Immigration Services website utilize this form to verify their application's status. Others who don't apply on this website are unable to check. The outcome will be sent to the Vietnam applicant's email address in just under 30 minutes.
For the application procedure to be quicker and easier, all Vietnam applicants must prepare some extra documents initially in order to meet e-visa requirements:
- Ensure your passport must valid for at least 6 months remaining from the date of entry and have more than 2 unused pages to be stamped.
- A color photograph in any format which shows your face and your forehead clearly. The photos must not have borders or shadows. Besides, accessories are not acceptable.
- A scanned copy of your passport biographical page
- A valid email that receive Ethiopian e-visa
HOW CAN WE HELP?
NEED HELP 24/7
How it works ?
APPLY WITH CONFIDENCE