Yes, but in case you do not leave the airport. Unfortunately, Ethiopia has not approved the transit e-visa, so Egyptian travelers can not apply for a transit visa. However, if any Egyptian citizens want to stay in Ethiopia for short-term trips, they can apply for a Tourist e-visa.
Since 2018, the Ethiopian government has released the digital visa application form for Egyptian citizens to apply easily and quickly. By this type of e-visa, Egyptian citizens can enter the country for a visit or travel around Ethiopia legally. Generally, there are two options for this type of visa that permit people from Egypt to stay in Ethiopia are 30-day validity e-visa and 90-day validity e-visa based on Egyptian travelers’ travel plan and budget.
Before applying for an Ethiopian e-visa, Egyptian citizens must learn about extra documents needed to meet the e-visa requirements:
- Valid Egypt passport - Must have more than 6 months validity left from the date of arrival.
- Must have more than 2 empty runners for stamping.
- A photo of Egyptain applicants in the last 6 months.
- A scanned copy of biographical page of the passport
- Valid email address in order to receive updates about travelers’ e-visa results.
- Credit or debit card to pay for the e-visa fee to be processed.