Ethiopia duty-free shop for tourists: Things to know
To prepare for your trip to Ethiopia, use Duty-Free Information to see what Duty-Free shops, boutiques, and products are available at Ethiopian airports before you fly.
Ethiopia Immigration Services provides useful information about the list of duty-free shops, items list, or finding the cheapest costs and purchasing online before your trip, purchasing at the airport, or purchasing aboard.
Ethiopia duty-free items for visitors
When traveling to Ethiopia, particularly Addis Ababa, travelers can easily find duty-free shops at the airports.
Duty-Free items for reasonable prices:
- Honey wine, red wine
- Selected spirits
- Shoes and leather goods products
- Some Ethiopian souvenirs and coffee
Duty-free shops in Ethiopia
What Duty-Free shops are there at airports in Ethiopia?
Follow the list of Ethiopia duty-free shops at the Addis Ababa Airport (ADD) where you can choose the best Ethiopia duty-free prices there:
- Alfarag Duty-free
- Country Trading/ Millenium Duty-free shop
- Eskedar souvenir
- Genet Solomon souvenir shop
- NN Duty - Free shop
- Phares Trading Electronics % Book shop
- WBC The real leather shop
- Yabogered Cultural Cloths/Souvenir
In Ethiopia, what kind of material is imported duty-free?
The following goods may be imported into Ethiopia by passengers aged 18 and over without incurring customs duty:
• 200 cigarettes, 100 cigars or 250 grams of tobacco.
• 2 liters of alcoholic drinks.
• 500ml of perfume
• Gifts not exceeding a value of 500 Birr.
• 100g of gold and other precious metal.
• 30g of precious stones.
• 100g of semi-precious stones.
Item that can be imported duty-free in Ethiopia
What are banned from importing and exporting in Ethiopia?
- Narcotics, firearms, explosives, counterfeit currency, pornography, and materials infringing on intellectual property rights are all prohibited imports.
- Hunting guns, air guns, swords, endangered plants and animals, and live animals are examples of restricted imports that require permits.
- Plants and animals, fruits and vegetables, seeds, ivory, medicines, and satellite cameras are all examples of natural resources.
Ivory (even if already processed into jewelry), precious metals, precious gems, religious artifacts, antiques, and animal hides are all prohibited or restricted exports.
Things to Know About Duty-Free Shopping
- Ensure that you comprehend the requirements for duty-free materials in your destination country, especially for alcohol and cigarettes. Many nations, like the United States, place restrictions on how much you may bring in duty-free.
- Finally, if you purchase in a currency other than dollars, remember to factor in exchange rates. The cost of the item may be more or lower than you expect.
- Consider a stroll around the duty-free store the next time you have time to kill at a foreign airport, and you will. However, unless you are a smoker or a drinker, you should research before purchasing.
What are the benefits of purchasing duty-free items?
The biggest advantage of duty-free shopping is that you save a lot of money on things that are usually rather expensive. Another advantage of duty-free shopping is the opportunity to check out new items that are frequently test-marketed by significant businesses. You could also get things that aren't accessible in your own country. Because of their uniqueness, they are excellent gifts for friends and family. Many tourists also enjoy duty-free shopping when they have free time at the airports.
Duty-free shopping may be a rewarding and enjoyable experience. However, it may also be quite disappointing. Remember the advice given above? They can assist you in having a good time shopping when traveling worldwide.
Compare our finest e-Visa services and submit your application to Ethiopia Immigration Services immediately. We will help you obtain an Ethiopian visa easily and swiftly. Now is the time to explore the Horn of Africa.
- Aksum - The Cradle Of Ethiopian Civilization
- The Omo River Valley - Discover the Hidden Gem of Ethiopia
- Blue Nile Ethiopia - Travel Ultimate Guide To The Smokey Waterfalls
- A Journey from Djibouti to Ethiopia: Crossing Borders
- Lake Tana Ethiopia - A Hidden Gem To Uncover
- Immerse Yourself in Ethiopian Culture: Your Indian Travel Guide
- Experience the Magic of Ethiopia: A Travel Guide for Canadians
- Ramadan in Ethiopia: The Traditions of The Islam’s Holy Month
- Addis Ababa weather: The features & Weather by Seasons
- Danakil Depression Tour to The World's Most Desolate Location
- Churches of Lalibela: Attractions & Highlights from Mystery Land
- Best Places to Visit in Ethiopia
- Exclusive Guides To Celebrate Ethiopian Enkutatash
- Ethiopia Public Holidays - Back In Time Adventure
- Timkat Festival in Ethiopia Holiday
- Ethiopia Travel Advice for Planning on The Go
- Ethiopia tours: Luxury & Private Safaris
- 13-month Ethiopian calendar: What is the reason?
- Ethiopian Culture Dress: Features of the "Horn of Africa"
- Ethiopian Christmas traditions: Festivities, Spirit & Foods
- Ethiopian Traditional Clothing: A Guide to Amazing Designs
- Weather in Ethiopia: Weather patterns & Overall of the Seasons
- Top 8 Best Restaurants in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- What time is it in Ethiopia: The differences from the world
- Ethiopia Travel Money Exchange: Cash, Currency and Credit Cards
- Best time of year to visit Ethiopia
- Top Thing To Do In Ethiopia For Travel Bucket Lists
- Interesting facts about traditional food in Ethiopia
- The most popular foods in Ethiopia for travelers must try
- What souvenirs to buy in Ethiopia?
- Top 5 Best Places To Visit In Ethiopia
HOW CAN WE HELP?
NEED HELP 24/7
How it works ?
APPLY WITH CONFIDENCE