Ethiopia visa requirements for South Sudanese citizens
Ethiopia is a poet's paradise for international travelers, with magnificent mountains, rivers, stunning waterfalls, beautiful valleys, and much more. Ethiopia, a land of natural contrasts, provides visitors with a rich cultural experience.
Allow Ethiopia Immigration Services to investigate the Ethiopia visa requirements for South Sudanese citizens and the application process.
1. Check Ethiopia visa requirements for South Sudan citizens
Citizens of South Sudan who wish to visit Ethiopia must obtain a visa before entering the country. South Sudanese citizens do not need to apply in person at an Ethiopian embassy or consulate. Residents of South Sudan can apply for and receive a visa while still in their home country by accessing the Ethiopian Immigration Services website.
What is an Ethiopian visa online?
Ethiopian online visas were created to simplify the visa application process. Citizens of all eligible countries can simply complete the online application form by answering a few simple questions.
Visa applications are typically processed within 24 to 72 hours, but in rare cases, it may take longer. Once approved, the visa is emailed to the applicant.
Visitors can present their visas and passports to Ethiopian border officials at Addis Ababa Bole International Airport. Ethiopia's electronic visa is a single-entry visa with a validity period of 30 or 90 days. It is valid for 30 or 90 days, depending on the arrival date specified on the application form.
- Tourist e-visa for 30 days: As the name has said, this type of visa is valid for 30 days and allows South Sudan citizens to stay in Ethiopia for 30 days only from the date of entry.
- Tourist e-visa for 90 days: This type of visa is valid for 90 days and allows travelers to stay in Ethiopia for a maximum of 90 days from the date of arrival.
2. How to apply for an Ethiopia visa from South Sudan?
Ethiopia e-Visa is currently the most organized way to obtain a tourist visa, and South Sudan visitors can apply online at our website.
The following is 4 basic steps to apply Ethiopia visa:
- Step 1: Complete the secure online application. In this step, you must select the type of visa and the processing time. Then enter your personal information, such as your full name, date of birth, nationality, passport number, and arrival/departure date.
- Step 2: Verify all of the information from the previous step. Pay the Ethiopia e visa fee online via electronic transfer or wire transfer (Bank of Cyprus transactions).
- Step 3: Send an email with your eVisa request and any additional information.
- Step 4: Download and print your e-visa before leaving. When you arrive, have your visa stamped in your passport.
Documents required to obtain the Ethiopian visa for South Sudan citizens
- A South Sudan passport must be valid for at least six months after the date of arrival in Ethiopia.
- There should be at least two blank pages in the passport for the Immigration Officer to stamp.
- A color photograph of the applicant taken recently.
- A valid email address to update information and receive the electronic visa.
4. Ethiopia visa fee and processing time
Ethiopia Visa fee for South Sudan citizens
When applying for an Ethiopian visa online, you must pay two visa fees: the Ethiopia service fee and the Ethiopia Government fee.
- Ethiopian Government Fee: The Ethiopian Immigration Department charges this fee in order for your visa to be issued. This is the mandatory fee for anyone applying for an e Visa.
- Ethiopian Service Charges: The service fee is determined by the number of people covered by your application and the urgency with which you need a visa.
There are three types of services available for use:
- Normal: For South Sudanese nationals who require an e-Visa within three business days.
- Urgent: For applicants from South Sudan who require an e-Visa within two working days.
- Super Urgent: For those who want to require an e-Visa within 24 business hours.
We also advise you to purchase Ethiopia Travel Insurance. You will be protected against a variety of risks, including the Covid pandemic, when you are not in your home country. We also want to emphasize that this is an optional step that you can take based on your circumstances.
Ethiopian visa processing time from South Sudan
An Ethiopian visa for South Sudan is usually accepted within one to three business days. Ethiopian authorities will review the application, documentation, and fee payment once applicants have submitted all required documents and information. The user-friendly online visa portal allows applicants to track the status of their applications.
Due to application errors or other factors, the operation may take longer than usual. As a result, you should plan ahead of time and apply for the visa at least four days before your trip.
South Sudan nationals who apply from their home country will receive all visa interactions and notifications via email. This is also how the visa confirmation and an electronic copy of the visa will be delivered to the applicant's email address.
The preceding information should have clarified the Ethiopian visa requirements for South Sudanese citizens. If you require any additional assistance, please contact our support team right away.
HOW CAN WE HELP?
NEED HELP 24/7
How it works ?
APPLY WITH CONFIDENCE